This episode is a conversation with Roland Kupers about how to learn about complexity.
- Book - Quark and the Jaguar - Murray Gell-Mann
- Book - Complexity - Mitchell Waldrop
- Book - Strategic Management and Organisational Dynamics - Ralph Stacey
- Book - The Nature of Technology - Brian Arthur
- Online resources - Complexity Explorer
- Course - Singapore Complexity Institute
- Course - Complex System Summer School - Santa Fe Institute
- Course - Introduction to complexity - Santa Fe Institute
Roland Kupers - Bio
Roland is an independent advisor on Complexity, Resilience and Energy Transition.
He's Dutch and speaks 4 other languages fluently.
Originally a theoretical physicist he’s worked in business management in AT&T then in Shell where he held several senior positions.
He has written books on scenario planning, resilience and complexity in the context of public policy. And he’s writing another one on climate change at the moment.
He lectures in complexity and he’s an affiliate of Institute for Advanced Studies in Amsterdam.